Top 1000 Most-Visited Sites Except Google
We all know things online change very fast. The technology firms not only fighting online but also offline as well. They are trying to outdo one another in real life. For example, you can see that Apple overtook Microsoft as world most valuable technology company on the 26th May. According to the New York Times, Apple shares are now worth $227.1 billion versus a measly $226.3 billion for Microsoft.
Lets check out who is fighting online for No1.
DoubleClick Ad Planner owned by Google is updating their monthly World Top 1000 Most-Visited Sites on the Web. If anyone can post such a list, it would be Doubleclick. They are measuring traffic for advertiser clients for Google. And to show that they are not bias, they have left out Google in the list. Of course, Google will still be ranked No.1 in term of Unique Visitors if they are in the list, but they can’t beat FaceBook in term of Page View. Facebook has 540Mil of unique visitors and a mind blowing 570Bil of page views per month!
So what would you do if you have that kind of traffic to your website (how I wish!)? Advertising for sure! Simple equation:
Traffic = Money
This also explain why Facebook can charge as low as 25 cent CPM (Cost per Mile- cost per Thousand views). But Facebook still can’t beat Google in Advertising performance because one thing that set Google apart from others is the Targeted Ads. Google ads is keywords and content related. Therefore advertisers like Google a lot more than Facebook. But there is no harm to use Facebook for branding cum advertising as you are getting more exposure to general public at lower cost as compared to Google. The only plus for Facebook is it can target demographic.
I have the following thoughts after going through the sites:
1. I am surprise to see Youtube to be not in the top 100! YouTube is the 2nd biggest Search Engine after Google. There are so many people searching for videos online nowadays. May be DoubleClick is leaving it out as it is owned by Google too.
2. Long Live Bill Gates! Live.com still makes it to the Top 3. Microsoft still dominates the Top 10 but I am not sure how long they can hang in there.
3. Facebook makes Kuching or even Malaysia so small. It seems everyone knows everybody! Make good use of Facebook for your branding and marketing if need be.
4. Two (2) Chinese sites have made it to the Top 10- Baidu.com and QQ.com. Impressive. I wonder how many of them will catch up soon. Don’t forget Chinese has made up 1/5 of the World population. Not to mention those who have migrated overseas.
5. Chinese shopping site, Taobao.com has beaten both Amazon.com and eBay.com. Amazing! How can a Single Nation beat the whole world when come to purchasing online . No wonder everyone is trying to SELL in China except Google.
6. British Empire still have massive influence in its ‘colonials’. There are more people reading BBC News (bbc.co.uk) than CNN. ifeng.com, the Chinese News site is also having more readers than CNN.com.
7. The top 10 list does not change very often and I have very little hope to get there. But when will Addykho.com being seen on the top 1000? lol
- Free Email Course
“7 Steps to Financial Freedom Part Time Online”
Fill in the form below and start learning from the free email course
- Make Money Now!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!