Traffic in the King. No Traffic No Sale No Money
We need traffic to our sites, be it your landing page or e-commerce site. There are many ways you can generate good traffics to your website that can be easily converted into sale. But there are also many ways you can WASTE your time trying to market your products:
1. Bloggers- There are many blogger communities online, i.e. IM Curtain, BloggerUnited, Blogged. It is a good way to introduce your blog to your fellow bloggers. But for marketing wise, it will take immense effort for you to participate in the blogger communities to get good and targeted traffics to your sites (I mean traffic that will buy from you). It is basically like throwing plenty of darts on to the dart board and hope that one will hit the bulleye.
2. Article Marketing- Article marketing used to be a big hit few years back. People submit their articles to article directories like EzineArticles.com or GoArticles.com and hoping other will pick up and being directed to your websites. Nowadays, article submission has turned into ‘China’. Why ‘China’? Because everyone just copy here and there. You can submit an article by modifying other people’s articles and call it yours! Try to search for make money online in EzineArticles.com and see what is flooding in. Another drawback of the article submission is that you are only allowed to add your links at the resource box at the bottom of the article. There are very few people who will go and click on the links unless they really like your write up. The conversion rate is very low. But article submission with your link to those high PR sites will help in your Google ranking, no doubt about that. A lot of people say Content is King. So why not spend more time to write a good content for your websites to please Google:)
3. Social Media (Your Post) – Social site like Facebook is meant to be for ‘Social’. People come here to look for friends, chat with friends and also for entertainment. It just doesn’t work if you are trying to sell something that your groups of friends are not interested in. However, there is no one stopping you from sharing your passion with your friends and family there.
4. Social Media (Adverts)- How many of you actually go and click on the ads that appear on facebook? People are interested in you, not the ads that appear on the social site. People are here for fun. Not many people are here with their wallet ready in hand to BUY.
5. Direct Selling- There are many newbies trying to post everywhere like forums or comment on blog posts trying to sell their products. There is no relationship being built in between. Selling online needs trust. There is no different between selling online and offline. Don’t you think it is easier to sell to friends who trust you than to a strangers? Making money online is all about building trust and relationship.
6. SPAM- How many spam mail do you receive per day? Have you ever gone to your spam mail box and check out what and who is sending you those emails? Do you really go and click and buy from Spammer? Even Twitter has become very Spammy nowadays. People that add you may be someone who is trying to sell you something. Do not try to spam to sell. You may be banned from certain websites for life! If you get banned by Google from using its services like adsense or many others, your internet career will basically finished! Do not offend the King.
7. Stop Reading - Last but not least, do not read from one place to another. I realise there are many people who is trying to make money online spending a LOT of time reading about SEO, email marketing, social media, blogging, copy writing, ebay….etc. But they never take action! Don’t spend too much time online read and readi.. you must take action and doing something online. Or else you will end up like some lecturers teaching in the uni for their whole life, but without practical experience.
Free Email Course
“7 Steps to Financial Freedom Part Time Online”
Fill in the form below and start learning from the free email course
- Make Money Now!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!