Offline Marketing Boosts Up Online Income
It is always good to leave your PC and go out for a walk. Staying in front of PC will make your brain ‘smaller’. It is good to gather new ideas and fresh air outside the virtual world.
I have been running few online businesses and all the marketing are done online- PPC, SEO, Forum posting..any strategy you can think of online Only recently I tried out some offline marketing for my online business. To my surprise, the sales go through the roof!
But again, you must know your ‘targeted’ customer before you jump into it. For example, if you want to target the college or university students, you may want to offer them something related to latest gadget like ipad, iphone etc. There is no point to offer them something they do not have interest at all. Here I have few tips to share if you want to complement your online business with offline marketing (all the while I have been asking offline business to go online but now I am asking online business to go offline too !):
1. If you are college or university student, you can always hand out leaflet to students or advertise in your uni or college’s notice boards. Make sure you have your university or college name in the advertisement to make it looks a bit more official and make the students think it is for them ONLY.
2. University or college students always have plenty of edges. You can always come in the classroom or lecture theater 5 mins earlier and leave your advertisement leaflets on the tables of the students. No one actually knows who is the mastermind behind all this You friends may take away your leaflet or they may leave behind and students from the next class will see your ads too!
3. There are always many colleges or universities cluster together in one area. So if there are 30K students in your university, imaging the amount of traffics you will get if you implement the same strategy in other universities (you can always engage your friend or students in other uni to help you out in this).
4. Don’t worry if you are no more a student How I wish I were! You can also engage students to distribute for you in their colleges or universities. There are many students willing to help you out for some pocket money. Please check out the sample of the ad template that I have created:
5. Another simple and common way is flyer distribution. We are all familiar with this. The flyers can come with newspapers or by itself. There are many companies offering this service in town. All you have to do is to google for flyer distribution service in your city. Normally the one come with newspaper will be slightly more costly. Of course the price also differs if you go for colour printing. If you are based in Kuala Lumpur, you can try out SBS Print, Flyers King Or NewsPaper Insertion. However, please bear in mind that you may not see instant result with flyers because it takes time for people to get familiar with your flyers. Sometimes it takes few distributions to see the real impact of flyers distribution. Normally the flyer distributor will do the printing service too. This makes the life easy for us! For example, I am now based in Kuching, but I can always engage the KL company to do the printing and flyer distribution for me. Most of them will help with the artwork also upon request.
6. Some other offline advertising options are also available: newspaper, magazine, bunting, banner, words of mouth , poster, etc.
7. Joint venture with other offline businesses that share the same interest or niche with you. Those offline shops are more than happy to help promoting your online business if you offer them a win win partnership. For example, they can help to distribute your leaflets to their customers and in return, you can help to advertise their offline business in your website. Thіѕ іѕ an important offline marketing аррrοасh that саn hеlр уοu become profitable in your online business by enabling уοu to reach the VERY targeted customers that уοu сοuld not reach before.
Last but not least, some minor but important things you should take note when you are preparing your ad. Double check the artwork and write up carefully before send for printing:
5. Telephone Number and etc.
Otherwise the flyer distributor or printing company will tell you -*No claims entertained there after.
So, if you want to grow your business, especially those products with potential of repeated sales, you should consider investing in offline marketing too!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!